RASC Hamilton The Russians Were Coming!

Ann Boyd & David Takacs davidann at kwic.com
Tue Jun 16 20:55:55 EDT 2015


People:

Last week I caught a documentary on TVO entitled "Cosmonauts: How Russia Won the Space Race." By the title, you can see that the film-makers make the case for claiming that the Russians beat the Americans in that most glorious of races; the one to the Moon. The decision is still out on that one, in my mind, but the film is filled with scenes never before seen outside of Russia. Rare interviews, footage from space and on the ground, it was a great hour of TV. And I only mention it after the fact because TVO often repeats it's programmes. I haven't been able to find out if and when that might be, but you might want to keep an eye (or an ear) out for this one.

David Takacs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150616/633847b9/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list