RASC Hamilton The Russians Were Coming!

Gladwin Hui gladwinh at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 21:43:59 EDT 2015


TVO has excellent documentaries and they often put them on the web after a broadcast.  I just did a quick search and found it.  Hope I will have time to watch it later.
http://tvo.org/video
Gladwin Hui 


     On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:55 PM, Ann Boyd & David Takacs <davidann at kwic.com> wrote:
   

  People: Last week I caught a documentary on TVO entitled "Cosmonauts: How Russia Won the Space Race." By the title, you can see that the film-makers make the case for claiming that the Russians beat the Americans in that most glorious of races; the one to the Moon. The decision is still out on that one, in my mind, but the film is filled with scenes never before seen outside of Russia. Rare interviews, footage from space and on the ground, it was a great hour of TV. And I only mention it after the fact because TVO often repeats it's programmes. I haven't been able to find out if and when that might be, but you might want to keep an eye (or an ear) out for this one. David Takacs
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca


  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150617/895469c4/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list