RASC Hamilton Need a New Laptop
Ed Mizzi
emizzi at cogeco.ca
Sun Jun 28 18:54:44 EDT 2015
Hi Rick, I would recommend an i7 processor with 6 or 8 GB of RAM and a minimum 750 hard drive. Some come with two HDs but one is Solid State, on which you would install your OS and maybe your image processing software.Asus computers are well made and they back up there products a little better than most. However. HP are also pretty good. I have heard people say that ACER is also good but I have not used one myself. I would also recommend a max. screen size of 15" because larger means heavier and less battery life.
Of course, you could by a Mac and run dual platform as I have done...works fine for me.
Ed
Sent from my iPhone
> On Jun 28, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Rick Cudmore <rcudmore1 at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> My current laptop is 7years old and getting very slow. I am seeking advice on a new one and was wondering what I should get in way of speed, chip, memory, etc.
>
> I look forward to hearing what the members use and consider. I won’t be buying an Apple so its Windows based for me.
>
> Rick
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150628/a9389beb/attachment-0002.htm>
More information about the astronomers
mailing list