RASC Hamilton - Members Only FW: Help!
Gary Colwell
supergiant2003 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:54:03 EDT 2012
Hello All,
This Saturday evening the club is holding a special observing night for a
group of cubs at their Mt. Nemo Scout Camp ground. ( Walkers line and 2nd
Sideroad)
We are doing a program with them from 9:30 - 3:00pm then setting up scopes
when it gets dark for them to have a look at the moon among other things
I need volunteers to set up scopes in the evening..I you would like to
arrive around 5:00 to set up we will be provided with dinner prior to the
observing
Please let me know if you can join us..( and if you aren't helping out at
the work party on Saturday.you are also welcome to join us for the days
activities..it should be a lot of fun
Let me know if You can help
My email is supergiant2003 at hotmail.com
Here is an excerpt of some correspondence for the weekend
Hi Gary,
Attached are two pictures as promised on the phone. The img's are photos of
the place we will probably have for Astronomy. Open, grassy field, tables,
bush on one side, cabin. That cabin has a small veranda if we need some rain
protection. POP is 40% on Saturday. The other is a map of Camp Nemo.
Harvester is where I believe we are doing our event. It is centre bottom on
the map. There is room for a vehicle or two. If need be there is a parking
lot a bit east of it. Our camping place is called BP Lodge, slightly right
of centre. You would probably see a bunch of tents there, my lime green one
among them. We will have the BP Lodge to ourselves. There is power, water,
bathrooms, kitchen. etc.
A few of your telescopes would be welcome. I will have a few too, mostly
cheap.
Cubs have brought in half a dozen plastic coffee tubs. We can punch out
the constellations and have the Cubs identify them from the planispheres.
I will bring the big tarp and felt pens to mark stars on. It can be pegged
on the grass and even used in the rain.
Your planispheres would be most welcome. I will try to get a few star
charts printed up. Sky & Telescope would have one with planets and the moon
plotted(Hamilton, Saturday noon). I'll email it if I can.
If some of your colleagues could come in the evening, that would be great
for our group. We could have your presentations and do the rest of
Astronomy badge.
Below I have pasted my previous email suggestions.
Thanks a bunch for volunteering. The Cubs ate it up last time!
regards
Oldhathi (Terry)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/members_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20121018/d950af3c/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the members
mailing list